INBF/WNBF + Affiliate Banned Substances
Check all supplement ingredient lists before using them!
The following substances and related compounds are banned and their use constitutes grounds for dismissal from competitions and suspension from membership priviledges for a period of ten (10) years from the failure date.
The presence of any banned substance in urine, regardless of the cause, is ruled as positive result and is considered a failure.
ANABOLIC AGENTS, HORMONAL PRECURSORS and METABOLITES
Including, but not limited, to:
- 4-Hydroxytestosterone (Formestane)
- Desoxymethyltestosterone (DMT)
- Drostanolone, Estra-4,9-diene-3,17-dione
- T3 (Liothyronine sodium) Cytomel
- T4 (Levothyroxine, Synthroid)
In any form, including but not limited to injections, pellets, patches, gels, or creams, event when physician prescribed, is strictly prohibited.
TESTOSTERONE/EPITESTOSTERONE (T/E) RATIO
A testosterone to epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 6/1 or greater is considered a positive detection of exogenous testosterone (or testosterone precursor) usage.
- Pharmaceutical Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
- Human Chorionic Gonadrotropin (HCG)
- Gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB)
DESIGNER STEROIDS, STEROID PRE-CURSORS, METABOLITES, DERIVATIVES AND RELATED COMPOUNDS, IGF-1
Including, but not limited, to:
- 2a, 17adimethyl17ß-hydroxy5aandrostan3one
- 3, 17ketoetiocholtriene
- 1,4,6androstatriene3, 17dione
- 3Alpha (5aandrostane-3a, 17bdiol)
- Pharmaceutical/Injectable insulin-like growth factor 1 – IGF-1,
oral spray or sublingual GH compounds of pharmaceutical (recombinant DNA technology) origin
Any chemical/drugs used for the purpose of deceiving or passing the polygraph
examination or urine test, including but not limited to:
Any athlete who is NEW to the INBF/WNBF or affiliate federation must have
not used pro-hormones for at least two (2) years before joining the INBF/WNBF or an affiliate federation for the first time.
Use of the following substances is Disallowed after July 1, 2016 also carrying a two (2) Year ban timeframe:
- SARMs (selective androgen receptor modulators, e.g. andarine, cardarine, starine, tibolone, zeranol, zilpaterol)
- SERMs (selective estrogen receptor modulators, e.g. raloxifene, tamoxifen, oremifene)
- 5-AT (5-Etioallocholen-3b,7b,17b-triol)
2 years before joining the INBF/WNBF or an affiliate federation for the first time.
DHEA and METABOLITES
Use of the following substances requires 90 days (3 Months) of abstinence prior to competing in the INBF/WNBF or affiliate federations for the first time.
In 2020 these substances/metabolites will carry a one (1) year ban time frame. In 2021 these substances/metabolites will carry a two (2) year ban time frame. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone, 3-beta-Hydroxy-5-androsten-17-one
3-beta-Hydroxyandrost-5-en-17-one, 3-beta- Hydroxy-D5-androsten-17-one
o Prasterone, Intrarosa, Gynodian Depot
- 3-beta-hydroxy-etioallocholan-5-en-17-one, 5-Androsten-3beta-ol-17-one
- 7-keto-DHEA (7-oxo-DHEA, 7-ketodehydroepiandrosterone
- 7-oxodehydroepiandrosterone (7-oxo-DHEA), 7α-hydroxy-DHEA, 7β-hydroxy-DHEA
- Ethacrynic Acid
- Prescription diuretics, even when physician prescribed cannot be used for 3 months prior to competitions (excluding heart medications)
- Spironolactone (for acne is abstinence for 2 weeks – no exceptions)
Any athlete who is new to the INBF/WNBF or international affiliate federation may not have used Banned Stimulants for a duration of 90 days (3 Months) before joining the INBF/WNBF or an affiliate federation for the first time.
Banned Stimulants include, but are not limited, to:
- methamphetamines (speed)
- DMAA (Methylhexanamine, 1,3-dimethylamylamine, geranium)
- Fat burning prohormone derivatives such as 3,17dihydroxydelta5etiocholane7one (A7D), and 3,17-dihydroxydelta5etiocholane7one, diethylcarbonate (A7E).
Muscle implants of any kind are prohibited.
All medical conditions treated with prescribed medication must beassessed and cleared by the INBF/WNBF or affiliate federation doping officials prior to being tested by way of polygraph or urinalysis testing. The athlete is responsible for producing copies of physician notes and up to date prescriptions to event promoters at each event entered.